Is Your Art Good Enough to Eat? – Art of the Mallow Competition
Personalised marshmallow makers, Boomf, launches nationwide design competition for hopeful artists
Calling all budding artists, illustrators, photographers and designers – it’s time to grab your paintbrushes, pencils and cameras as today sees the launch of a national design competition fronted by marshmallow innovators, Boomf.
Boomf will be scouring the nation to find a modern-day Picasso through its Art of the Mallow competition. One aspiring artist will be given the opportunity to ‘say it with Boomf’ by having their original works published and turned into edible arty treats for the nation to enjoy. The winner will be the latest name announced as a Boomf collaborator, joining illustrators such as Kate Moross and Sophie Corrigan who have previously had their designs printed on the magical marshmallows.
Furthermore, the winner will receive a £500 cash prize, a percentage of the profits anytime their tasty designs are purchased and a two-month internship at Boomf HQ.
Five shortlisted designers will have the opportunity to present their ideas to an expert panel, including Boomf co-founder James Middleton, and illustrator and Boomf collaborator Veronica Dearly, before the winner is selected.
James Middleton, commented “Boomf was born out of ingenuity and we believe there is so much creative talent out there just waiting to be found. We can’t wait to uncover a great artist or designer whose work can help our customers express those delicate shades of feeling that they didn’t even know they had”.
Founded in 2013, Boomf offers a fun, personalised gastronomic gift service where you can order bespoke marshmallows using images from the website, or customised by uploading personal photos.
To enter the competition, entrants simply need to submit three original images to artofthemallow[at]boomf.com by 6th July 2015. These can be illustrations, photographs, artwork or graphic designs – any image which is 640 x 640 pixels and conveys a sense of occasion or emotion. The shortlisted entrants will then be asked to submit a further six images that would make up the Boomf gift box to be presented to the judging panel.
Check out the full Competition Entry Details below.
Competition Entry Details
Boomf is all about communicating feelings or an emotion in a delightful and heartfelt way. To enter the competition, entrants must:
- Submit three images – these can be illustrations, photographs, artwork or graphic designs
- The images should illustrate a particular feeling or occasion which can then be used to ‘say it with Boomf’
- These can be common feelings/occasions such as celebrating a birthday or a graduation or a personal feeling/occasion
- The images must be 640 x 640 pixels
- The images must be applicant’s own work
- All entries must be sent to artofthemallow[at]boomf.com by 6th July 2015
- Full details at: https://boomf.com/art-of-the-mallow
Pointers to get applicants started
- Images look best on Boomf when they have a light background
- Successful entries will have interesting ideas, as much as technical excellence
The winner will receive:
- A £500 cash prize
- 7.5% of the of the revenue per mallow anytime one of their designs is used
- The option to partake in a two month internship at Boomf to further their creative ideas
- A code to create 10 free boxes of Boomf
Four runners up will receive a code to create 5 free boxes of Boomf
For more information, please contact the Boomf Press Office at Mischief on
020 3128 6600 or boomf[at]mischiefpr.com